in

Inside Trump’s $5 Billion Gaza Move That Could Shape Middle East’s Next Chapter

inside-trump’s-$5-billion-gaza-move-that-could-shape-middle-east’s-next-chapter
Inside Trump’s $5 Billion Gaza Move That Could Shape Middle East’s Next Chapter

President Donald Trump announced Sunday that member states of his newly-formed Board of Peace have pledged more than $5 billion toward humanitarian and reconstruction efforts in Gaza.

Trump said the commitment will be formally unveiled on Thursday, February 19, at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C. In addition to financial pledges, Trump said participating nations have committed thousands of personnel to both an International Stabilization Force and to local police units to maintain security and peace for Gazans.

“On February 19th, 2026, I will again be joined by Board of Peace Members at the Donald J. Trump Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C., where we will announce that Member States have pledged more than $5 billion toward the Gaza Humanitarian and Reconstruction efforts,” said President Trump.

Trump also outlined what he described as the board’s early achievements.

“The Board of Peace has unlimited potential. Last October, I released a Plan for the permanent end to the Conflict in Gaza, and our Vision was unanimously adopted by the United Nations Security Council. Shortly thereafter, we facilitated Humanitarian Aid at record speed, and secured the release of every living and deceased Hostage. Just last month, two dozen distinguished Founding Members joined me in Davos, Switzerland, to celebrate its official formation, and present a bold Vision for the Civilians in Gaza, and then, ultimately, far beyond Gaza—world peace.”

Trump ratified the board’s charter during a ceremony at the World Economic Forum in Davos; the organization, he says, is designed to bring long-term peace and economic prosperity to Gaza, which has had an economy largely supported by aid. “85% of the GDP of Gaza has been aid for a long time,” said Senior Board Official and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner. “That’s not sustainable. It doesn’t give these people dignity; it doesn’t give them hope.”

According to the board’s leadership structure, there are seven executive members tasked with overseeing different areas of Gaza’s transition, including reconstruction, funding, and capital mobilization. Those members include Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkoff, Jared Kushner, former U.K. Prime Minister Sir Tony Blair, Marc Rowan, Ajay Banga, and Robert Gabriel.

Member states listed as participating were Morocco, Argentina, Bahrain, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Hungary, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Pakistan, Paraguay, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia. Many European countries are not on the list, and some have even rejected invitations to participate.

The BBC reports countries cited Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invitation as a reason for hesitating to join the board. France claimed the decision was that the board would undermine the United Nations framework. Shortly after, Trump made a comment that he would put a 200% tariff on his wines and champagnes, and then French President Emmanuel Macron would join.

“We have taken note of Mr. Trump’s statements on wines and champagnes,” responded a French official. “As we have always emphasized, tariff threats to influence our foreign policy are unacceptable and ineffective.”

Critics call the board “a vanity project” that will not actually bring peace to Gaza.

Leave a Reply

familiar-voice-sparks-legal-showdown-between-npr-host-and-google

Familiar Voice Sparks Legal Showdown Between NPR Host And Google

li-pol-‘silenced’-by-dems-while-trying-to-grill-mamdani-about-antisemitism

LI pol ‘silenced’ by Dems while trying to grill Mamdani about antisemitism