in

3 dead after US strikes another alleged drug boat in Caribbean

3-dead-after-us-strikes-another-alleged-drug-boat-in-caribbean
3 dead after US strikes another alleged drug boat in Caribbean

The U.S. military said Friday that it has carried out another deadly strike on a vessel accused of trafficking drugs in the Caribbean Sea.

U.S. Southern Command said on social media that the boat “was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Caribbean and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations.”

It said the strike killed three people.

Infrared image of a boat moving quickly across water, leaving a trail of white foam, with the word

The US military said that three people were killed in the attack. U.S. Southern Command

Thermal image showing an explosion with a targeting crosshair in the center.

U.S. Southern Command said on social media that the boat “was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Caribbean and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations.” U.S. Southern Command

A video linked to the post shows a boat moving through the water before exploding in flames.

Friday’s attack raises the death toll from the Trump administration’s strikes on alleged drug boats to 133 people in at least 38 attacks carried out since early September in the Caribbean Sea and eastern Pacific Ocean.

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth speaks at the Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine.

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth speaks at the Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine, Monday, Feb. 9, 2026. AP

U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth declared last week that “some top cartel drug-traffickers” in the region “have decided to cease all narcotics operations INDEFINITELY due to recent (highly effective) kinetic strikes in the Caribbean.”

Start your day with all you need to know

Morning Report delivers the latest news, videos, photos and more.

Thanks for signing up!

However, Hegseth did not provide any details or information to back up this claim, made in a post on his personal account on social media.

President Donald Trump has said the U.S. is in “armed conflict” with cartels in Latin America and has justified the attacks as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs.

But his administration has offered little evidence to support its claims of killing “narcoterrorists.”

Leave a Reply

one-person-detained-as-swat-team-descends-on-home-near-nancy-guthrie’s-house:-report 

One person detained as SWAT team descends on home near Nancy Guthrie’s house: report 

texas-a&m-student-brianna-aguilera’s-death-ruled-suicide-by-medical-examiner-—-as-family-attorney-disputes-finding

Texas A&M student Brianna Aguilera’s death ruled suicide by medical examiner — as family attorney disputes finding