Israeli airstrikes killed at least eight Hezbollah terrorists, including a top commander, and injured dozens more in Lebanon, while the terror group has reportedly been taken over by Tehran.
The Israel Defense Forces targeted three command centers in Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley where the terror organization has a strong presence, according to the Times of Israel.
Hezbollah confirmed that at least eight of their members had been killed, including a senior field commander, while 50 more were injured Friday.
The attack comes as Tehran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has apparently exerted control over the Iranian-backed terror proxy, as the Islamic Republic prepares for a possible war with the US and Israel, the Times of Israel reported Saturday, according to Saudi outlet Al-Arabiya.
The IRGC officers have been ordered to rebuild Hezbollah’s military capabilities and have been personally briefing the group’s terrorists across Lebanon, sources told the outlet.
Officials with Hezbollah slammed the Israeli attack on Friday as a “massacre.”
“What happened yesterday in the Beqaa is a new massacre and a new aggression, exceeding all the previous levels of aggression against Lebanon,” senior Hezbollah leader and Lebanese parliament member Mahmoud Qamati said during a speech broadcast Saturday.
Israel said the attack was in response to repeated violations of a cease-fire with the Hezbollah, Al Jazeera reported.
The Lebanese Army has been pushing since September to disarm Hezbollah — though the terror group rejected the government’s plan last week, according to Reuters.
The Jewish state has repeatedly said it will continue to prevent cross-border threats with military action, the outlet reported.





