in

King Charles hospitalized over cancer treatment side effects, cancels upcoming royal engagements

king-charles-hospitalized-over-cancer-treatment-side-effects,-cancels-upcoming-royal-engagements
King Charles hospitalized over cancer treatment side effects, cancels upcoming royal engagements

King Charles was briefly hospitalized Thursday after experiencing “temporary” side effects from his cancer treatment, according to reports.

The 76-year-old monarch, however, was back at his Clarence House residence by Thursday night, the UK Sun reported. His Friday events were canceled.

King Charles was briefly hospitalized Thursday after experiencing
King Charles was briefly hospitalized Thursday after experiencing “temporary” side effects from his cancer treatment, according to reports. POOL/AFP via Getty Images
The 76-year-old monarch, however, was back at his Clarence House residence by Thursday night, the UK Sun reported.
The 76-year-old monarch, however, was back at his Clarence House residence by Thursday night, the UK Sun reported. AP

“Following scheduled and ongoing medical treatment for cancer this morning, The King experienced temporary side effects that required a short period of observation in hospital,” a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

“His Majesty has now returned to Clarence House and as a precautionary measure, acting on medical advice, tomorrow’s diary programme will also be rescheduled.”

Back at his residence, the king was said to be in good health and continuing with royal work.

He was transported to the hospital by car and not an emergency vehicle and Queen Camilla did not join him for the trip, the Sun reported.

Charles underwent surgery for an enlarged prostate last year and revealed his cancer diagnosis last February.

But his treatment has been trending well, according to the royal family, which in December announced the cancer battle had moved into a “managed condition” phase.

After his diagnosis was revealed last winter, Charles took a break from public duties until that April.

Charles’ cancer isn’t the only to strike Buckingham Palace.

Just two months after the king announced his battle last year, Kate Middleton revealed that she had also been diagnosed with an undisclosed cancer.

Kate withdrew from the public eye for months, but by September announced that she was cancer free after undergoing treatment.

Just last week, Charles evoked Winston Churchill while offering advice for fellow cancer patients during a trip to Northern Ireland.

“Keep buggering on,” he said. “You just have to push on, don’t you?”

This a developing story. Check back for more information.

bibas-family-honored-with-special-tombstone-after-mom,-2-toddlers-were-killed-in-hamas-captivity

Bibas family honored with special tombstone after mom, 2 toddlers were killed in Hamas captivity

north-korea-sends-3,000-more-soldiers-to-fight-in-ukraine-war-as-thousands-of-troops-killed

North Korea sends 3,000 more soldiers to fight in Ukraine war as thousands of troops killed